Wednesday, December 07, 2005

One More Day...

Only today to go at work and then I'm having a few days off while the office is being decorated. It makes sense, I've got about 10 days leave left to take at work and I don't want to be around the smell of wet paint, not to mention not really being able to get any real work done anyway.

I did consider having a short break away somewhere this long weekend, but I've got to be back at work on Tuesday for the Christmas Party (no sense in missing that one, well I say "party", probably an all day drinking session is the truth which resulted last year in four missing hours and a skinned knee - so I can't wait to see what happens this year ;-), so it would have to be a city break or something like that. I've even considered going to Paris for the Weekend, but have been put off with the fact that I will be in a strange country alone (again) and I can't speak French, and will have to worry about muggers and all the other hastles you get from being in a big city. Cornwall is soooo safe in comparison. So I guess I'll just be moping around here, but hopefully getting a bit of stitching done. Didn't really get any real stitching done this weekend. I went to see Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire on Sunday morning. Yawn! God, I don't know how I sat through that one - but then I thought that particular novel was a real slog to get through too.

I'm not looking forward at all to Christmas. I think it's just going to be another total non-event like last year: I spent the entire day watching the 11 hour plus epic Lord of the Rings, which was nice in itself, but not to be repeated this year. A lot of single people feel the same way about the holidays, but at 34 most people still have families that they go and spend it with - there you go, the curse of elderly parents! All the more ironic in that my Boss's stepgrandad died today at 96! He certainly had a good innings. My genetic upbringing is unfortunately though, not that of Methusaleh. At one point this year I was looking forward with a sense of hope that I wouldn't have to spend it alone again, but those hopes were dashed quite recently, hence my return in the big way to the stitching world. There is sanctity in stitching afterall.

I spent about an hour or so at work today browsing online and looking for a Christmas break, to get away in a nice warm sunny place is a good way to forget about it all - but I couldn't find a decently cheap break - all the good ones have been booked up already. I phoned Thompson's today and was told the only thing that they had available was staying in Sharm El Sheik at a 5 star hotel on a B&B basis for...... get this..... I couldn't quite believe it £1800 quid! And I'm not sure at the moment if my l/lady will be here to look after Jade for me anyway. Anyone know of a good holiday retreat where they don't mind a few stray grey hairs?

2 comments:

nela said...

to see, dear Vash, his raises animates, understands that to think about Christmas it spends all the year to us through the mind, happy and sad things, but it thinks, the sun it leaves all the Days and it shines, he is Beautiful and it gives life to the Earth, it fills its heart of joy, because the life is beautiful, the sadnesses make us appreciate the moments of happiness, without pain, we do not know to value the joys, To laugh uses less musculos than to cry, and if heat desire just a little bit, Maracaibo in these dates has 32 centigrados degrees, and is a very amiable city, I invite to see it the beautiful thing of the Life

nela said...

a ver, estimada Vash, suba su animo, entiendo que pensar en navidad nos pasa todo el año por la mente, cosas felices y tristes, pero piense, el sol sale todos los Dias y brilla, es Hermoso y da vida a la tierra, llene su corazón de alegría, pues la vida es bella, las tristezas nos hacen apreciar los momentos de felicidad, sin dolor, no sabemos valorar las alegrías, Reír usa menos musculos que llorar, y si deseo un poquito de calor, Maracaibo en estas fechas tiene 32 grados centigrados, y es una ciudad muy amable, la invito a ver lo hermoso de la Vida