Sunday, December 25, 2005

Carnivorous Christmas Finish

I woke early on 23rd December and started doing the last stitches on Carnivorous Cat before I went to work on Friday. As this was a Christmas present for my landlady I had to get it completed that day so I could give it to her yesterday on Christmas Eve before she went away for Christmas.

I've discovered that I hate stitching to deadlines! It's strange, but I never seem to have a problem getting motivated to do round robins, I stitch them as soon as they come through the door. Maybe my lack of motivation came from starting this project over six months ago and putting it to one side cause I figured I'd have loads of stitching time to complete him, but that sadly wasn't the case with all the hassles I've had in the lead up to Christmas.

Carnivorous cat is a Margaret Sherry design which appeared in the original Cattitudes Calender in November 2002. God that seems years ago now. Although I have been stitching all the designs from this calender as part of an ongoing Cattitudes Round Robin I missed out on Stitching Carnivorous Cat as I dropped out of the robin for a few months to try and get my life back together whem I moved down here to Cornwall. Carnivorous cat is stitched on Silkweaver Reflections "Angel Song" 28 count hand -dyed fabric. I tried a bit of an experiment with this design, because I stitched the cage bars with gold metallic thread rather than the traditional black backstitching - do you think it works?

3 comments:

Dani - tkdchick said...

I think he looks fantastic! I love those Margaret Sherry cats!

Anonymous said...

I bet shw as thrilled with the gift.
I know what you mean about putting things to one side becasue you think you have loads of time. The number of "gifts" i still have lurking in drawers because they missed the deadline. The most shameful being birth samplers for children that are now at school!

Chiara said...

I think it works very well!! The cage bars with gold metallic thread are a wonderful idea that fit perfectly with the fabric!!!
Compliments your cat is fantastic!!!