Saturday, March 05, 2005

Obnoxious Children: The Family from Hell?

I went out this morning and got breakfast in Littlewoods. I thought I would treat myself to a leisurely breakfast while I sat looking out over at St Michael's Mount in the Bay while reading the paper. It is a little treat for me, primarily because I've not been out of the house since I finished work on Wednesday due to this damn cold - unless you count a 10 minute outing to the local Co-op in a quest for butter!

Anyway, I'm sitting there starting to enjoy my breakfast, when I happen to glance up at the family sprawled across the next table. There's a father sitting there along with 5 kids, all the kids seem to be aged between 7 and 10. Anyway, the father tell's off the daughter sitting next to him, and what does the little cow do? Sits there slapping her father back at the breakfast table, and having a major tantrum and paddy. I couldn't believe it - slapping her father back in public???

Then the mother returns, I return to my breakfast and the paper and try to ignore the bespeckled 7 year old boy, who now decides it's his turn to act up, and gets into a shouting match with his brother.

In about 20 minutes, most of the children have finished, but the mother is still eating toast, so instead of sitting at the table like a nice little girl, the obnoxious child gets up, gets behind my chair and starts climbing on the chair and table behind me, leaning over the balcony and watching the escalator going up below her. I was going to say something about her sitting down like a nice little girl and waiting politely at the table until her mother had finished eathing.... but in the end I just really wished she'd just lean a little too far over and plop down on the stairs below. Then all the other kids get up and start occupying all the other free tables near their own instead of sitting there nicely!

By this time the mother has eventually finished her toast; the family get up to leave and half of them are already half out the shop and heading for the stairs - I look up to study the ruinous mess that was once their table and I'm shocked to see they've left one of the kids behind. Yes, the poor little tike is hurriedly finishing off his last couple of mouthfuls, which he abandons in the end for fear of being left behind in Littlewoods.

What a family!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

oooh sounds like the children from Hell. personally, i blame the parents!

anyway, i love all the stitching youve done, and the idea of carving a melon makes me feel ewwww coz melons are all squishy and weird!

Cheryl x oh go check out my livejournal , my usernic is cheryltoes