Sunday, March 06, 2005

Future Publishing - Not a Good Advert!

I blogged back on the 28th January about the Cross Stitcher Margaret Sherry Subscription Offer. Anyway, the new issue was going to be in the shops about 2 weeks ago, so I emailed Future Publishing's subscription department to find out what was happening with the subscription:

----- Original Message -----
From:
vash@knownspace.co.uk
Date: 23 February 2005
Subject: Cross Stitcher Subscription

Hi,
I completed a form out of your magazine to subscribe and get the free hedgehog kit as a free gift. This was several weeks ago, and I've not heard anything yet. The new Cross Stitcher is out in the shops tomorrow. So, should I buy it, or will you be able to sort my subscription out?

~ Melanie ~ Gandalf, trying to light his pipe in Moria: "Naur an adriat ammin! Naur an adriat ammin! Oh, damn it, _that_ spell is for waking Balrogs. Now, for the pipe..."

Last week, they finally answered with:

From: Future Publishing [mailto:future@subscription.co.uk]
Sent: 02 March 2005 14:20
To:
vash@knownspace.co.uk
Subject: Future Publishing - Subscriber Number: Em Ref: TPS373439A

Thank you for your recent email.

Unfortunately I have been unable to locate your subscription from the information provided. May I request you please provide as much information as possible on the following to enable me to investigate further:

Your subscription number (if known)
Name and address of the Payer:
Name and address of the Recipient: (if a gift subscription)

INSTANT ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE Should you require any further assistance, to check the status of a subscription or amend your details, simply go to www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/youraccount You may also contact us at future@subscription.co.uk quoting email reference TPS373439A.
For and on behalf of Future Publishing.

Angela Sturgess
Email Customer Services

Should you require any further assistance, to check the status of a subscription or amend your details, simply go to www.myfavouritemagazines.co.uk/youraccount You may also contact us at future@subscription.co.uk quoting email reference TPS373439A.
For and on behalf of Future Publishing.

I love the "INSTANT ONLINE CUSTOMER SERVICE" bit!!

So yesterday I answered with:

Well, it took you a week to answer that query.

I've since bought the next issue of Cross Stitcher, with customer service
that poor, I guess you can forget about the subscription.

~ Melanie ~
Gandalf, trying to light his pipe in Moria: "Naur an adriat ammin! Naur
an adriat ammin! Oh, damn it, _that_ spell is for waking Balrogs. Now,
for the pipe..."

1 comment:

AngelSan said...

this is very unfortunate ! Apparently their system doesn't work well with paper forms... I remember I called them to get my subscription, and it was all done in the moment !

I'd blame the post office for the lost of the form. But their email customer service is very bad indeed. That's why I always call.

I suppose it's like that everywhere, I remember not even getting an answer when i emailed about the end of Cross Stitch Quick and the subscription.... And that was Origin publishing !