Tuesday, January 11, 2005

Stash from the Attic

Still not quite finished the beading on the Mirabilia Angel - the blue beads seem to be quite a bit smaller than the silver ones I've stitched on already and more are being rejected by my size 26 needle. This size 26 needle isn't ideal for beading - you should really do it with a size 28 which is smaller, and I can't find my 28's at the moment.

I ordered some beading needles from Jayne's Attic yesterday via a IM chat window with Jayne and they arrived today. I might actually be able to get the Angel Finished tomorrow afternoon now during my half day off!

Jayne is talking about arranging and indulgent stitching weekend in Milton Keynes in March. It would be great to be able to go, and to meet some of the ladies I've known from the groups over the last couple of years.

I need to check to see if Sam will look after Jade for the weekend - but all he really needs is a few extra biscuits put in his bowls once a day, and the odd cuddle - if only children were so easy to take care of!

2 comments:

AngelSan said...

I like beading with size 26 needles, for the reason that you can pass 2 strands of thread easily in the eye of the needle. Even one strand is impossible with beading needles.
I haven't tried size 28 needles because I didn't have any when I needed them ! ;)

For Cinderella, I'm using invisible thread, and I won't bother with the cross method (just half stitches), so there beading needles are easier to use.

I hope to see your angel finished soon ! I wish I had time to stitch her! ;)

Anonymous said...

I couldn't get the beads to go on using size 26 or 28. I had to use the beading needle but I did manage to thread it with 2 strands and a lot of squinting. I have used seed beads before and not had this problem though. Strange isn't it.
That was great service from jaynes Attic. I've not shopped there - will go and have a look now.
Looking forward to seeing your Angel on the pink fabric - interested to see if she looks different from mine on white.
Karen F