Wednesday, January 12, 2005

First Finish of "O" Five and it's a Fairy

Mirabilia Angel is finished. I started her in the middle of November and I just finished her off tonight.

She is stitched on a piece of Silkweavers' 32 count Reflections fabric called Coral Crystals.

This was my first attempt at beading a major project. I had not realised how fiddly it was or of the need for a beading needle.

The Angel has definitely given me a taste for more Mirabilia Designs, this was the first free Mirabilia chart that I've seen printed in a cross stitch mag - it was in The World of Cross Stitching issue number 91 - which was the Christmas 04 edition [someone's bound to ask ;-)]. The magazine said it would take about 6 weeks of stitching time - I think it took me closer to 8 weeks, but then I've had a lot going on in my life.

Karen F recently finished her Angel off too - we have sort of been stitching them in tandem - but Karen beat me to the finish by 4 days - well done!! And I started long before her.

I think Karen stitched hers on 14 count aida, and I think Karen's looks a little better than mine because of it - my opinion is that the beads seem a little bulky on 32 count - anyone else had the same problem with beading?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Vash

I think your Angel looks gorgeous and I actually think your beading stands out better than mine. I used 16ct aida, but as aida is a lot easier to stitch on, beating you by 4 days isn't much considering. I think she stands out better on the pink you chose too. If you fancy stitching one of the other Mirabilia freebies off the website let me know and I'll join you :-D
Karen F

Sandra said...

Hi Vash, I love your Angel, she's so pretty. I tend to use 28 ct now when stitching Mirabilia for precisely this reason, the beads look so much better when they're not squeezed together.

Anonymous said...

She's beautiful Vash. Must stitch her myself one day, along with the 2000 Holiday Cherub - I think they would make a lovely pair.

Carol
http://www.justcarol.co.uk

AngelSan said...

what a lovely angel ! And the fabric is so right for it ! It's a great first finish for the year ! Now is time for more Mirabilia? ;)

Butterfly Amy said...

Vash,
Congrats on your first finish of 2005!
She's just beautiful! And that fabric was the perfect color for her :)
Happy Stitching!!