Saturday, January 08, 2005

Only in Cornwall...

Only in cornwall would they sell hot pasties in a nightclub...... the mind boggles.

I still can't get my head around the concept of eating these pastry pies. Every morning on my way to work I have to walk past 3-4 shops cooking them and the smell wafting out makes my stomach turn at that time in the morning, every lunchtime I walk past half the population of cornwall standing outside shops and munching them.

I've got the distinction of only eating about 4 pasties in the whole time I've been here, quite a feat really considering their readily availability - I just wish there were more sandwich and/or burger bars.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love hot pasties! Only I wouldn't be able to walk past the shop. I'm glad I don't work near any shops or bakeries :-D

How you doing with Mira Angel? I found the beading really fiddly, but at least I didn't have to struggle with the metallics after reading your note.

Karen F

Vash said...

Just the blue beads on the headdress to go now. Boy are they fiddly!

Anonymous said...

You're not kidding! She's worth it though. I'm thinking about doing one of the others, maybe the one for 2000 or 2002, before Christmas next year.

Karen

Vash said...

She's definitely given me the taste for more Mirabillia!