Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Should Have Stayed At Work

I should have stayed at work this afternoon - my only afternoon off in the week - for instead of doing the sensible thing of going home and doing housework I bought a new laptop to replace the one that died a couple of months ago.

I was forced in the end to get one from Dixon's (I really hate that company), but there really isn't that much other choice shopping wise down here - so Dixon's it was. I was served by the Manager and I asked him to chuck in The Sims 2 as a freebie - and he did! Well, you have to ask these things - don't you?

Anyway, got it home this afternoon and spent several hours fiddling around trying to get the wireless network card to detect my wireless router. I admit failure - in the end I trotted out and bought another ethernet cable - but at least I got it working which is how I'm posting this now.

No comments: