Friday, January 28, 2005

Margaret Sherry Cross Stitcher Subscription Offer

Got the February issue of Cross Stitcher today. There's a really nice oriental design in it that I must stitch. When I started reading the article associated with it I realised why - it's another Sheila Hudson design (Mt Fuji, Amalfi Coast) and that's probably why I like it as it reminds me of the others. Definitely going on my "to be stitched" list.

Cross Stitcher are also offering a decent free gift if you subscribe now - I've been wanting to sub to this magazine for years - but have been waiting for a decent free gift for the subscription, and now there's one I want: a kit of Margaret Sherry's Catterflies, or her Hedgehog in a plant pot.

Problem is, to get the kits you have to subscribe by DD - but I don't want to sub by DD. I just really hate giving my bank DD authority over the account. I hate the toy shop bank! So what I did was splice two subscription application forms together. I stapled the credit card section from one leaflet to the Margaret Sherry subscription sheet. I wonder if that is going to work? We'll see. I've opted for the Hedgehog design because I already have a chart of Catterflies in my stash.

No comments: