Thursday, January 06, 2005

The Abandoned Bike

Ever since Sunday evening there's been a bike chained to the railings in the alley near where I live. It's even still got a saddlebag attached. I can't think why the bike is still chained up there after all that time - maybe it's owner forgot where he left it?

I guess it's a testiment to Cornwall and the honesty of people down here that the bike has been left untouched for as long as it has. It's even still got the saddlebag attached. Back in Kent, the chain would have been broken and the bike stolen within hours, the saddlebag would have been opened within an hour, even if the chain wouldn't break the bike would have been wheeless within a day. If it's still there tomorrow, I may see if I can get a picture of it on my way to work.

No comments: