Monday, January 31, 2005

Paradise Island Progress

While Hayley slept in on Saturday and during yesterday afternoon I got some stitching in on Paradise Island.


This design comes from a book called Cross Stitch Pictures by Jill Gordon (and was also in an early edition of The World of Cross Stitching). It is supposed to be a scene from a real island atol somewhere in the Indian Ocean. I think it might be one of the Maldives. With the Tsunami that hit last month - makes me wonder if the real scene is still there?

I started stitching this in October 2002. I'm still only about halfway there with it. Previous progress pics can be seen in my Webshots.

3 comments:

Susie said...

That looks really pretty, Vash. What kind of fabric is it?

Vash said...

32 count linen. Not exactly sure which type - I found it in the bargain bucket at one of my local LNSs back in Kent. Only cost £6.30.

Susie said...

It's a great color for that design!