Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week: Hoops and Rotations


How do you `non-hoopists' who use a rotation system handle it (as it
seems to be lot easier if you are in good terms with hoop)? Do you
have several scroll frames? Do you use Q-snaps or maybe something
completely different? Or do you just have one or two big projects and
others are small enough to be kept in hand while stitching?


I have two q-snap frames, a 9" and a 14". At the moment, I've got both of them combined into two rectangular-shaped frames. One is currently in use for the Mermaid Queen, the other hasn't got anything on it at the moment. The 14" q-snap is ideal for my large WIP of Paradise Island, but I can't stitch on this at the moment because of combining the q-snaps. I guess this could be a bit frustrating if I got a bee in my bonnet to finish it.

I've got lots of different sized hoops. Above the Clouds, which is my other focus piece at the moment is on a 7" hoop. The fabric isn't wide enough to use the 9" q-snap - even if half of it wasn't combined with the 14" q-snap. All my other projects and WIPs are in my stitching project bag which contains quite a few other different sized hoops. I think I may buy a smaller q-snap, one that is about 6 x 6 in size as I've found that I enjoy stitching with these.

No comments: