Wednesday, October 05, 2005

Solo is now Complete

This is Kiwi Jo's fabric for the Stitching Blogger's Round Robin, which is a 28 count blue Joblean evenweave. The design at the top was stitched by Joanne herself, while my Solo is underneath. I've just completed him and took a picture less than 10 minutes ago and couldn't wait to share my happy dance with all you other bloggers. Here's a larger version of Solo that I uploaded to my Webshots folder.

I'm really glad that I was stitching Solo on Evenweave because basically, the backstitching was a pig. Nearly all the stitches lined up with the middle holes of the evenweave and not the normal holes that you stitch in. This sort of haphazard backstitching would make this design very difficult to stitch on Aida - so anyone tempted by him should be warned now.

I'm pleased with the overall look though. I hope Jo is too. I'm going to be mailing him back across the pond to Dawn, who currently has my Cats in Hats piece.

5 comments:

Anne S said...

Solo is gorgeous! I've always wondered what her designs are like to stitch, with all that backstitching - now I know haha. It turned out beautifully, though :-)

Kiwi Jo said...

It looks great Vash - the colours match mine perfectly. Thanks so much!

Dawn T. said...

Solo looks great! I can't wait to stitch on it for Jo. I am almost finished with your kitty for your RR. :D

Kathy said...

Oh wow solo is georgeous, I hav this in my stash I may have to do it next lol

hugs xxxxx

Anonymous said...

Hi Vash, I came across your blog from another one I check out. I too am from Kent, near Brands Hatch. What about you? I moved to Notts for promotion with my husband, had a baby, he changed and walked out last year, leaving us still in Notts (grrr). I so would love to move anywhere but here. If you'd like to take a look at my blog, please feel free. Heather