Monday, October 03, 2005

September/October Stitching Goals

My September stitching goals were:

  • Complete the stitching on Mermaid Queen. Then I can begin the beading next month.
  • Start working on Kiwi Jo's RR once I receive it.
  • Complete my Scissor Fob Cat.
  • Do more work on Carnivorous Cat.
  • Start the "Above the Clouds" kit by Teresa Wentzler that I've had in my stash for a couple of years, as a friend has asked me to stitch a dragon for a gift.

I did quite well on my September goals: four out of five completed anyway. The only thing I didn't do was to Complete the second Scissor Fob Cat. I've unpicked a nasty tangle which was putting me off finishing it though, so now there's no excuse.

My October Stitching Goals are:

  • Complete Solo the Cat on KiwiJo's Fabric for the Stitching Blogger's Round Robin ready for the mailing date of the end of the month. (I've nearly done with this, just a few missed stitches and the backstitching to go. One stitching session max.)
  • Start beading the Mermaid Queen. I bought a crafter's box from Lakeland in Truro on Saturday, it has about 9 lockable compartments, the perfect thing to organise those pesky and fiddly beads.
  • Complete the Cat Scissor Fob. (Again)
  • Do more work on Carnivorous Cat. On my last stitching session I discovered I'd made a boo boo and one side of the cat doesn't match up with the other. So I'm unpicking as I go now, probably a good reason why I've not stitched on it for weeks.
  • Stitch the Dragon's head on Above the Clouds. This is tending to be my focus piece at the moment, - I stitched soley on it this past weekend. Mainly because it's my current purse project and I wasn't at home for much of the time this past weekend.
  • Await the arrival of the next Cattitudes RR material. (I'm not sure who's sending to me this round - I need to check the board, but Ellene has already posted that she's received Nicole's fabric that I sent her so at last things are finally starting to move again.)

No comments: