Sunday, May 01, 2005

Camborne's Trevithick Day

Still feeling a bit hung over from the night before, I got the bus at lunchtime to Camborne for Trevithick Day. I was amazed how busy it was, it seemed like all of Cornwall was out in the streets with a street festival stalls and fast food vendors.

I decided to go and sit in Wimpy's and have some food before I started drinking again. Wimpy's was really busy, it took them about 15 minutes before they even got around to taking my order. Then the food arrived (burger and chips) which I scoffed down and had finished and they still hadn't delivered my drink order. I went up to the counter, gave them the money for the burger and chips and told them to forget the drink. I mean, how long does it take you to pour a cup of coke out, no matter how busy they are!!!

There was a parade of steam engines through the streets of Camborne. I did see most of these as they went past as I was in the nearest pub. Yep drinking again!!! I met up with Hayley from work and also bumped into my boss again. He was able to shed some light on the sore arm.... it was bruised by the girl who yanked me up! We had a good laugh and I got to meet quite few of Hayley's friends. So we stayed in Camborne till about 8 and then got some friends to drive us to St Ives.

We started going around the pubs there, until we reached a bar on the seafront called "The Hub". There's this huge bartender in there he must be getting on for 7'. It has to be seen to be believed. Hayley quailed at this point and decided to get a taxi home. So I stayed out with Hayley's friend Caroline, and we went to the Isobar. As we got there early, we didn't have to pay the £5 on the door price to get in either, we'll have to remember that one for the future!

Anyway, there was me on Saturday night, dancing with Bagpuss on my back. Yes, I have a bagpuss bag. Everyone kept tweaking him! lol I ended up losing Caroline and danced with some guy from Bath who liked bagpuss. He bought me a couple of drinks and then I told him I was going to the loo and left and got a taxi home. I guess he'll always remember me now as the bagpuss-heartbreaker! lol ;-)

Steam Engine pics borrowed from: http://www.trevithick-day.org.uk/

No comments: