Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week: Stitching Slump?

How do you deal with a stitching slump?

I think these sort of things happen to us all. With me it usually happens about halfway through a project. The "new project" thrill is over, and you are a real long way away from finishing it and experiencing the "last minute" thrill of a happy dance/finish.

At the moment I'm suffering with a slump over Venice. So near and yet so far. There's very little more to do, but I seem to have very little spare time at the moment in which to stitch it in. It feels far more pleasurable to stitch on the mermaid or even Paradise Island (which I've got on my large R&R frame) attached to the Lowery is calling to me at the moment.

How I deal with the "slump" is to carry the project around with me as much as possible so that I have every possible chance to stitch on it.

Today I had to get my sewing out in the kebab shop because they messed my order up that I'd gone to collect, and had to wait while they grilled more lamb shish. Unfortunately, the best of intentions aside, it turns out I'd lost the needle that I'd been using for the project so out came Tom Mouse instead..... why didn't I use Tom Mouse's needle.... errm.... I think that's where the slump factor comes into play. Any excuse not to stitch on it because it feels like a chore rather than a pleasure. I should be stitching Venice now on my afternoon off - but instead I'm blogging!

No comments: