Sunday, April 03, 2005

Stitching Bloggers' Question of the Week: Stitching Evolution

How has your stitching evolved since you first started stitching?

When I think back to when I was stitching my first kit, I look back in time and shudder. I was doing so many things wrong!

But as time went past, my stitches got neater - they started going all the same way for one thing - and I got better at following charts and patterns. Then I started to learn about the advantages that certain items of stash could give you - like gold needles that don't go rusty on day one of using them. I think the biggest evolutionary change was trying evenweave for the first time. Provided you have good eyesight, you don't want to go back to Aida after trying it out for the first time. And now, several years on from now, I know that there are so many types of special hand-dyed linens and evenweaves that make stitching on it a real treat and pleasure.

No comments: