Thursday, April 14, 2005

Stitching Bloggers Question of the Week: Seasonal Stitching

Do you "stitch with the seasons?" (This could be reflected by the colors that you stitch with, the themes that you choose, or even that during your favorite season you stitch more (or less) than in others.)

I definitely stitch more in the warmer summer months. I think this is due to the availability of good light conditions. I noticed this so much when the clock's changed a few weeks ago, suddenly I wasn't coming home from work in the dark anymore, and instead of just pouring myself a drink and plopping down in front of the telly for the evening, I seem now to have more energy to want to do something else before I kick back and relax.

Of course, during the summer, I just love sitting out in the garden and stitching in the sun. This year I've already bought myself a big floppy hat adorned with a string of shells to protect my face and head from truly toasting. And now living here in Cornwall, I've got the option of doing this by the sea instead. I whiled away quite a few hours on the cliffs above Gwithian beach with a picnic and a portable radio and my Amalfi Coast project last summer.

In fact, even last week I was sitting on the Promenade this very Sunday stitching on my Venice project while the water lapped below me. I was really surprised when I looked down into the water as there were large 2" fish in the shallows. Someone later said they might have been mullet.

Reading back through my first stitching diary (now archived on Geocities) you might like to read about the lovely sunny day that my Paradise Island project went for a swim on August 23 2003.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Vash,

Where is the Paradise Island chart from? Looks like something I need to stitch!

Hugs

Trish

Vash said...

I've got two copies of it. One was printed in The World of Cross Stitching in 2002 (spring/summer issue) with Piglet on the cover and the second is in a book called Jill Gordon's Cross Stitch Pictures.