Sunday, April 10, 2005

Naughty Naughty!

What started out as a browse through my stash this morning resulted in a new start. Oooops....

I decided to have a look though my Silkweaver stuff for a piece of fabric big enough to stitch the Queen Mermaid on.... I did have a large piece of pale blue reflections which I put to one side, then I discovered a piece of Ocean (Reflections). Which is absolutely perfect for a Mermaid... wouldn't you agree?

The piece is only just big enough though 13" x 18" and the Mermaid's stitching area is 11.5" x 15" on 32 count, so it's going to be a little tight, but as the material is already serged at the edges they'll be no fraying to worry about.

Anyway after finding this piece, I had a dig under my sofa and found my two disassembled stitching frames - only to discover that one frame has a bar missing. I don't know what happened to it - I think it may be lurking around somewhere, I'm not sure - moving can be really chaotic to your stitching supplies, so be warned.

The next thing I know I'm reassembling the first frame with an allen key and tacking the "Ocean" fabric to it. Then without any conscious thought I started working on the Queen Mermaid.... the hands just did it all on their own! I swear!

I've only done about an hour and a half's stitching on the Queen so far as I was in St Ives most of the day and bought a nice windcharm to hang in the window.

I feel really guilty now about starting this piece as I still have so many other WIPs to finish off first, Venice, the Embroidery and Hardanger pieces and so many other things, not to mention that I'm due to start stitching the next Cattitude for the RR about now too.

No comments: