Saturday, April 16, 2005

My Working Week - or my Boss the Twat?

The beginning of the week was OK. My Boss (for the rest of this post known as the Twat!) was off Wednesday and Thursday = AGAIN!!!! He's had about 5-6 foreign trips abroad already this year since January.

This time he went to Italy to watch that football match to support Liverpool, the match where all the riots were supposed to take place because of a 20-year grudge since the two teams last played together. Everyone warned him about going there - but he just ignored the warnings, which was very irresponsible as he had his seven year old son in tow to see the match too. Apparently the Twat turned up at the football ground's carpark, with face painted in the England Colours and his son decked out in the England kit and they were going to go and watch the game dressed like that!!! However, they passed someone who already had a face full of bruises and gashes and he finally saw sence, went back to the car, washed his face and changed his son's clothes.

With him being away at least the phones were quiet (but they absolutely exploded yesterday again with all of Twat's idiot clients wanting to talk to him and him continually avoiding them) and for the most part I was able to get quite a bit done. But one of the other IFAs is leaving the office and now he's in a flap to get the final things finished off - dotting the i's and crossing the t's on his finance reports before he goes. That's not a problem: the problem is that he shows up to the office in the middle of the afternoon with a full day's work ahead of him, expecting the admin support (i.e. me) to do the same when I've already been there for the best of full day already.

I ended up staying till 6:00 pm on Wednesday and 6:00 on Thursday because of this, I made it clear on Thursday that I just wanted to go home (I'm supposed to leave at 5:30).

Yesterday he didn't turn up in the office till 4:50!!! He came in plonked some folders on my desk that contained information for some letters he wanted to dictate. Then he went upstairs to his office and then started talking to one of the other IFAs. I thought "great" while he's destracted, I'm sneaking out! So I managed to leave at 5:30 yesterday - folders and undone letters still on my desk! Serves him right for not organising his time better. Bill's great fun to work with, but his time-keeping is most enfuriating!

Wednesday and Thursday evening Bill was in the office till 10pm. There have been workmen in the main street digging it up all week and making a hellova racket all the time (when I walk past them in the mornings on my way to work, I give them the fithiest of looks), and they turned the water off on Thursday night, so Bill told Norm on the phone today that he was there working that late and he couldn't even have a cup of tea.... then Norm just asked Bill why he didn't use the water from the water cooler???? DOH!

I have been considering booking a holiday this summer (describing the above, you can see why I need one): Cornwall is lovely, but I'm finding that it's usually a bit breezy for serious sunbathing unless you can find a sheltered spot out of the wind. How much I appreciated my grassy knoll in Marazion last year!

I'll be travelling alone - (no choice - there's no one else to go with me and I need a serious holiday), I want to make sure that I go to a place that I'd feel comfortable. There's quite a few places in the world that I want to go to - Egypt for example - but I don't think I'd have the courage to tackle that one by myself because of all of the arabic men hassling single white women. Tunisia gave me an idea what it will be like there.

I made some online enquiries this week and finally found a place that I've wanted to go to for ages the: Papagayo Arena Resort in Lanzarote. I've wanted to go here from some years to see the Volcanic Landscape. From the pictures I've seen some of it looks like the Lunar surface and other parts look like the deserts of Mars. Fancy riding a camel across the martian landscape? well you can here. Maybe this can be the first stop on my "Volcano world tour" as I'm fascinated by them.

As I've already been to Spain a couple of times (ok this is the Canaries - but the culture is the same) I feel comfortable to go it alone. It's a new resort that's opened up, all inclusive, there's even supposed to be a cinema there. I wanted to go here with Sean and he agreed to go in principal until he saw the prices, and that's after he promised me another holiday to make up for putting up with his spawn-of-satan kids in Spain in 2003. After the events of last year though, that never came to pass. However, the only flight I could find in June going from Exeter is 2nd June.

They won't let me go at work. I'm absolutely steaming about it (Look at how many holiday's my boss has already had this year!!) and because while it doesn't conflict with Hayley's holiday, aparently my Boss (or the aforementioned Twat) has agreed that I'm supposed to go up to Ray's Office and cover Linzi's holiday - without telling me!!! We've yet to have words about it, but I'm seriously pissed off.

I'm still toying with the idea though: fly out from Gatwick (via Newquay) later in June and go for two weeks instead of one and make it even more inconvenient for the office with me being away (I know what happened when I went away for that long weekend), the difference in the holiday cost is only about an extra 400 for the extra week, plus of course the Newquay flight costs which are actually cheaper than I anticipated. But can I leave Jade for two whole weeks???

2 comments:

Sandra said...

I say go too!!!! I'm sure Jade will be fine.

Sandra said...

Sorry, I meant to ask.....is your boss related to mine? They sound very similar! LOL