Tuesday, December 21, 2004

Missing Hours


This was a photo of my own knee I took last night about 2 in the morning after a particularly long drinking session which had started with our works' Christmas do at lunchtime in the Inspiration Restaurant in Penzance.

Of course I had too much to drink and did my usual and fell down in the street, thus causing this injury. I sort of remember this because it hurt, but to be honest I'm missing about 4 hours of memories after I started consuming blackberry wine which is about 17% proof! I remember having more fruit wine (I think I asked for Cherry) in the Meadery, but after that I don't remember a thing until I remember climbing over the bar in the restaurant we first started at to get at the stereo to turn the music up! Ooops.

Well, my colleages filled me in today: we went to 2 more pubs after the Meadery, tried to go in a third (but they wouldn't let us through the door) and ended up in an Indian Restaurant. Now, I have a vague recollection of sitting at the table in this restaurant, but nothing more. How could I consume curry and not remember doing it??? I also apparently fell down in the Indian Restaurant again as well between some chairs. Maybe that explains the small bump I've got on my head and my sore shoulder!

The weird thing was seeing the photos I took when I downloaded them off the camera just now - 52 in all - some of them at least go to show what happened during some of my "missing" hours.

Total damages: one grazed knee, some broken glasses (when I climbed over the bar), and two mobile phones trashed by my boss. One drowned in a drink when the owner of the phone was holding up a pool match by talking on it, and another one smashed when he decided to use his secretaries handbag as a rugby ball. All in all a great night out!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Your poor knee! Sound like you had a good night though :-D

How you doing with Angel? I'd love to see an update piccie. I haven't managed to stitch on her at all yet this week ... maybe tonight.

Have a lovely Christmas and great New Year Vash, and if you fancy a chat - give me a buzz on Yahoo.

Karen F xxx