Wednesday, December 08, 2004

Addicted to Zelda

cover
Since getting Zelda and the Minnish Cap a few weeks ago, I must admit to becoming a little addicted to playing it. I'm about a third of the way through now. I had it on yesterday lunchtime (trying to beat the Fire Dragon Boss on Mount Crenel) and my boss saw me playing it as he went out to lunch. I must have looked embarrassed, because he asked me what I was staring at. lol.

The addiction gets worse though, this morning I had another, "oh it's 5 AM and I can't get back to sleep now what should I do?" nights, and you guessed it, that's right, there was me playing Zelda at 5 am. Managed to beat that Fire Dragon Boss though! ;-)

I've always been a fan of the Zelda games, I don't know why, it's strange really, once you've played one of them, you've played them all: little elf person in green hat has to get sword and shield and then go and rescue Princess Zelda. But something about them is so charming that I've always had to rush out and buy the latest gaming platform (which I usually had no interest in before) to play the new Zelda instalment on. Maybe it's the cutesy graphics and the attention to detail. This morning I was wandering around Hyrule Town as a midget, getting a little worried because the black cat sitting on the bridge started wiggling his butt to pounce on me (the way that cat's do - if you're a cat owner you'll know exactly what I mean), and I thought, "how sweet".

No comments: