Sunday, December 26, 2004

Amalfi Coast Framed


I framed the Amalfi Coast on Christmas Eve. I didn't do a very good job, but getting the circular cut out piece was a bit of a nightmare. I tried using a compass for the curve, then in the end just ended up cutting around a plate with a craft knife.

The Amalfi Coast is one of a series of 4 designs that appeared in Cross Stitch Collection by Sheila Hudson. I already stitched Mount Fuji which was the first of the designs published. I didn't bother with the St Paul's Cathedral design, which was the second published and the last one - which I will probably attempt at some point is of Venice.

I started stitching this in February 2004, just before all the troubles with Sean started which dogged so much of my stitching time this year. This took a long time to complete, partially because for quite a few months I really didn't have the heart to stitch or the time, but I finished it in August this year, just before I went on to finish off my Aunt's Elephants for her.

Jean also started this Amalfi Coast design, I remember going stash shopping for her and buying all the threads and material she would need for it from John Lewis' in Bluewater to while away some of the time she was in hospital undergoing tests. Unfortunately she didn't get to finish this design either - but as I'd already made quite a bit of progress on my own copy - Jean's WIP of Amalfi coast went to her friend Karen - who is also a stitcher.

Merry Christmas to all my Blog Readers.

1 comment:

AngelSan said...

Merry Christmas !
Amalfi Coast is gorgeous framed, you did an excellant job !