Thursday, June 30, 2005

No Eyes and a Blank Face

The Queen Mermaid now has both hands and a face.



Well she's sort of got a face, but at the moment she of reminds me of those faceless rubber shop window dummies from that recent episode of Dr Who. I can't do her eyes because the chart doesn't say what colour I should be stitching beneath her lashes. How dumb is that? I posted a query this morning on The Mirabilia Ezboard. There's loads of people on there who have finished her so hopefully someone should be able to help.

This is a problem I'm finding with this chart. There's quite a bit of backstitch on it, but the chart designers just missed out the symbol underneath. When I'm stitching, I'm sort of guessing at the symbol that should be underneath the backstitch, but I can't do this for her eyes, are they blue, are they brown? Looking at some of the other finished Queen Mermaids I'm guessing that they are brown, but it should say so on the chart!

I also don't like the way that they've left all those gaps for the treasures either, I just hope the treasures are big enough to fill the gaps so that you can't see the fabric underneath.

1 comment:

Kitty Couture said...

Hi Vash. First, that's great progress, wow!

I'm having the same problem with the Petal Fairy : no symbols beneath the backstitch lines. And same problem for the eye, it's just guesswork! So we have to get creative ;o)