Friday, June 03, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week: What do you like least about cross stitching?

What do you like least about cross stitching?

Not having any dedicated stitching time.

I used to... before I started working full time. I used to regularly stitch for 2-3 hours a day before I went to work in the afternoon. Wednesdays and sometimes Thursday mornings too, I used to visit my Aunt and as she was a stitcher too it was great to have something to do while we chatted over coffee and cakes. I always remember her cherry bakewells and fairy cakes! It was the only time I'd ever eat cake, she used to make a wonderful cup of coffee too.

Now, since my life changed I only really get snippets of time to stitch. A few stitches grabbed during my lunch hour after I've finished munching on a salad or maybe a stitch or two in the evening if I feel up to stitching following a full and stressful day at work. The sad thing is, stitching de-stresses me, but I'm too busy and stressed to take advantage of it's release. How sad is that?

A good time for me to stitch is first thing in the morning, before work - it puts me in a good frame of mind to start the day, but that's only achieveable when I'm up early.... actually - it's 6:15 am now as I post this, so I may just go and take advantage of this stitching opportunity.

No comments: