Thursday, June 16, 2005

I Wish I was.... Snowy

Snowy is a little cat that is living in the grounds of the Papagayo Arena Hotel that I stayed at. Every day she begs at the lunch tables outside the Snack Grill for pieces of hamburger and hotdog and of course she gets them. She seems really friendly too. I don't know if it is good for her, but I have seen her lapping water from the hotel pools.



Snowy is also pregnant. I don't know how long it will be until she has her kittens, but she's getting a bit big now. After I discovered her, I asked for a lunch bag every day - whether I wanted to eat the contents or not - just to get the tin of tuna that was inside it to feed to Snowy. Once I even saved her some roast chicken from the restaurant - you are not supposed to take food outside - and she enjoyed that immensely!

The hotel, as I've mentioned before on this blog is All Inclusive - so there's food a-plenty going to spare. I guess this illustrates one of the most adaptive features of the feline species - where else to raise your offspring but next to an abundant food source! When I left that wonderful hotel - I sorely envied that little resident cat. I didn't want to leave.

No comments: