Thursday, June 23, 2005

Alfresco Dining Experience

I had a nice afternoon off yesterday - I had to wait in all afternoon for some repair people to come and adjust one of the screen modes of my tv as it's developed a fault. While I waited, I sunbathed in the garden. About 4:30 I went inside to phone them and find out if they were still coming, instead I got a message left on my phone saying they couldn't find the house! Well, they couldn't have looked very hard because no one walked up the alleyway peering into the houses that I could see. I'm quite annoyed because this is the second time that I've waited in all afternoon. The first time they went to completely the wrong address!

I didn't want to go inside, but to continue to enjoy the sun. So I went down to the Promenade and bagged an outside table at the Lugger Hotel. I had a couple of long slow drinks while I stitched on the Mermaid Queen, then I ordered sliced pork loin in a creamy mushroom and mustard sauce, served with chips and salad. The complete "Alfresco" dining experience as I enjoyed the cooling sea breeze along the prom.

Sometimes I think that when the weather is nice down here it's the best place on earth!

2 comments:

Lorna said...

What a wonderful thing! To be able to go sit and stitch by the sea whenever you want. :)

DH DS is working down your way for a couple of days, halfway between Penzance and Hale I believe.

Vash said...

Must be working at St Erth? That's about the only place "in between".

All my life I sort of had this dream of living in a white house by the sea. In an odd sort of way this has nearly come true. Strange how life turns out isn't it?