Monday, June 27, 2005

Mazey's Eve Prize Collection

Well, here's my little collection of prizes from the fun fair that is down on the Promenade for Penzance's Mazey Day. Well.... apart from that chair leg... that came from a bar Called the Blue Snapper and well.... I was just sitting, chatting... and the next thing I know the chair has just collapsed and I'm sitting there pissing myself laughing on the floor in front of my boss and all of his friends! So I walked out of the bar and took the chair leg with me as a souvenier. I do these things when I'm drunk, it always seems like a good idea at the time!


Friday evening started off to be quite civilised with Hayley and me going for a meal in my bosses restaurant. He was supposed to be working there as a waiter - so we went there to give him grief and do the old "garcon, there's a fly in my soup" line. But the only "work" he did was to take our order, then got a pint for himself and sat down and joined us. After we'd eaten, his brother joined us and we started on a few cocktails and all intention of work just went out of his head! Even though the cheeky twat owns the place he still made us pay for our meals! Git!

We left the restaurant at about 9:30 and Hayley drove us up into town, the P brothers giving Hayley loads of grief about her bubble like 4x4. Hayley left us outside the Blue Snapper to drive back to Camborne and my boss introduces me to his mates as "my secretary who drinks pints"! Jees thanks mate! This was followed by the aforementioned collapsing chair incident.

We then went down Chappell Street to join the revellers outside the fair and the Navy Inn and watch the fireworks display. The Twat disappeared en route. When he turned up I asked him where he'd been and he said he'd been on the dodgems. But I walked through the fair (sober) the next day, and there was no dodgems to speak of.... was he so pissed that he was sitting on a kiddy ride believing it to be the dodgems? If only I'd got a pic of that! LOL

After the fireworks had finished we climbed over a wall to get into the back of the fair. Well the other's climbed - I sort of had to get a shove from my boss in the ass to be able to get completely over the wall, remember I'd had the quite a few cocktails and pints by this point!! Over the wall, we faced a row of portaloos "Andyloos" they were called and as this is my bosses name too - I said "well I've got to go have a pee in there, haven't I?" to his face as well. Ooops.

My boss, his brother and a mate of his then got really competitive playing games involving arrows, balls, and guns... I didn't play but I ended up with all the prizes that they won. Hence the picture above. The last prize that the twat won was one of those giant blow up hammers. He immediately used it to hit his brother with it as hard as he could and popped the bloody thing. I lost the P brothers when I went for a ride on the Carosel, and my last sight of any of them was my boss walking through the fair still carrying his deflated hammer, I called to him from the Carosel, but he didn't hear me and he was gone by the next pass, so I ended up going home on my own.

Yes, you can picture me, sitting on the Carosel riding around and around and up and down (being the only rider on the whole thing) at 12:30 am with a stupid green dinosaur hanging out of my bag because it was stuck on the zip and I was too pissed to unhook it. Embarrassment? I don't care - I had fun! - But just what do I now do with the bloody chair leg?

2 comments:

Lorna said...

And does the boss remember any of this as clearly as you do, this fine Monday morning? lol

My boss always introduces me as 'the one with about a million kids'.

Dawn T. said...

Sounds like you had a great time this weekend! :)