Friday, August 12, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week: Another Framing Question

What do you do with the framed stitching that you keep? Do you hang it up and leave it in one place, never to move it? Or do you have a rotation, where you have one place for stitched pieces and switch them out according to mood or season? Maybe a mixture of both?

Before I moved, all of my stitching, apart from a few pieces that I gave away as gifts were all framed and mounted on the living room wall of my old house. I had nearly filled up one wall by the time I moved (and I had a large lounge). Now that I don't have much space to display them, a lot of those old pieces of work are stored away in a storage box. I still have a few pieces on display in the hallway, including my Aunt's Elephants and the Cats in the Hats RR that I previously did. I also have the Sheila Hudson horse-shoe shaped designs hanging above the stairway so they are on your eye level when you go down the stairs.

I've still got some space to hang a few more framed pieces of work in the hall, of which the Mermaid Queen will certainly feature when she's complete, but after I've run out.... well I'll have to rethink, but I don't really regard my little flat as a permanent home anyway, more a sort of holiday apartment where I sleep. By the time that wall-hanging space becomes and issue I'm sure that I will have moved on again elsewhere.

No comments: