Thursday, February 03, 2005

Stitching Bloggers Question of the Week: Colour Changing

On a scale of 1 to 5 with 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest, how comfortable do you feel changing a design's colors or the entire color scheme? Elaborate if you wish.

I think I'm about a 2. I've not tried changing colours on any project I've yet stitched. I seem to be to regimented in following the instructions to experiment!! But I think I might like to try doing this sometime.

Although, I have seen that some people change the colours on Teresa Wentzler projects - I really admire them for having the courage for doing that. TW designs are usually very difficult anyway - why make the project harder by changing the colours. Lorna (I follow her stitching blog quite a bit) is stitching Tempest in a Teacup in green and purple, he looks really good. I stitched my Tempest for a Fantasy RR in his boring straight old salmon pink colour.

No comments: