Saturday, February 05, 2005

A Fairy Finish

Finished my Flower Fairies Canterbury Bell Fairy today.

I've been working on this since September as my purse project - but I was approaching the point where a couple of hours stitching would see it done, so this morning I went hell for leather and stitched it to completion while I was listening to the commentary on Armageddon.

It was supposed to be stitched in one stand, but I didn't read the instructions to start with and used two. In fact I only realised what I'd done when I started running out of pink. lol. Still one strand on 16 count doesn't provide enough coverage.

This design was a freebie giveaway cover kit on the World of Cross Stitching. I always loved Flower Fairies as a child - I had intricate colouring books full of them. I quite like this design, except the fairies face, fortunately you can't really see the odd expression from this picture.

2 comments:

AngelSan said...

hey hey ! you're finally finished the fairy !!!
it's great in two strands too... I did it in one strand, and even if it doesn't cover the whole fabric, it gives a special delicate look.
The face looks alright you know... so don't worry !

Kitty Couture said...

She's lovely! That's a really nice finish. I saw San's Fairy in person last December and the colours are so delicate.