Saturday, February 19, 2005

Dirty Den in Venice

Anyone remember that old episode of Eastenders?

Anyway, stayed in last night watching the demise of Dirty Den on Eastenders (I just just imagine the cluedo version now - "...and it was Miss Scarlet in the Pub with the stone dog!..." ) while I prepped and gridded the fabric that I'm going to stitch the Sheila Hudson Venice project on.

I do confess to shedding a tear when Sharon came in and heard just how dispicable her adopted father was - and while he did deserve what he got in the end - I also felt some remorse, because whatever bad deeds Dirty Den did throughout his life and the women who's lives that he destroyed - he did have some redeeming things about him - quirky sense of humour and of course his idolisation of Sharon above all else. I know for a fact that he still didn't treat half of the women in his life as bad as Sean treated me. I guess that shows you the sort of man that Sean truly was. The very sad fact that that realisation hit me about a year ago, back in January/February 2004 - before any of the real troubles started in March. It just went downhill from there.

Anyway..... I had car troubles today - flat battery!! I haven't used it for over a month, so yesterday when I went to get in it it was totally dead - even the central locking wasn't working. I got some friends to help me jump-start it and then took it on a 40-mile jolt to the Truro roundabout and back - that should have given it a little charge or so!

Two Brothers DVDI did a little food shopping - and after I got back I started stitching on the bottom of the design which is the bottom of one of the gondolas. 5 lines of black isn't much of a start - but it's a start nevertheless.

As I stitched I watched "Two Brothers" it's a film about Tigers in the vein of Born Free. Quite a good film. I still remember Guy Pearce (who starred in it) from Neighbours, his career certainly went up in the world. Probably the only one of the cast who is now internationally known - with the exception of Miss Minogue of course. Those Tigers were so cute though - and when they got older, beautiful too - they stole the show - fortunately I had my own "Tiger Cub", Jade to cuddle during most of the film - he's about the same size!!

1 comment:

Vash said...

Just watching the next installment of Eastenders.... Den's final words "You'll never get me out of the Vic".... and you won't unless you've got a pneumatic drill! Got to admire the irony!