Saturday, November 26, 2005

Stitching Saturday

After finishing off the Mermaid last weekend, I was very good and instead of starting a new project, picked up my old Paradise Island project which I started three years ago and stitched on it. I had to find the odd couple of threads that have been borrowed out of the thread pouch over the years, but most of them were still present and correct.

I've been diligently stitching on it all week in the evenings and today, I can proudly post an update pic as I've finished yet another quadrant of the chart. The design is now three-quarters finished. Here is my Webshots Album which shows all my previous WIP shots of the project.

I think the last time I actually worked on this project was sitting by the pool this summer when I was in Lanzarote. This project does have an unfortunate history with pools due to an accident with a paddling pool once, here's the entry on my first stitching blog (August 23 2003, now archived on Geocites) which will tell you all about it if you've not read it already. It wasn't funny at the time but I had such a good laugh about the accident afterwards, as in the end there was no real harm done, apart from it getting a bit wet! Maybe this can be a Future Stitching Blogger's Question: What is the biggest mishap you've had with your stitching?

This design appeared in an The World of Cross Stitching's July 2002 edition and was also printed in Jill Gordon's Cross Stitch Pictures book, which I also have. The book says that this island is actually a real atoll somewhere in the Indian Ocean, I've always wondered if it were one of the Maldives?



As I've sort of put Above The Clouds to one side at the moment, I started this Mirabilia Holiday Cherub (2000) design as my new purse project. I've not stitched much, this is what I did during my lunch hour on Thursday dinner time.


The completed design will look like this when complete:

The design is a freebie and you can download your own copy of this chart here.



Below is the progress I did make on Above the Clouds so far.

4 comments:

siouxsiesweets said...

i really love the fabric you are using on above the clouds, its gorgeous, and the tropical stitch is brilliant , i bet you dont think about winter when you are stitching on that!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your island project is sooo colourful!!!! I look forward to the finished product!

Kathy said...

Wow you have been a busy Girl, love the projects you are working on, looking forward to more updates.

Hugs xxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I love cross stitch too, I linked your blog :)