Friday, November 04, 2005

Monthly Stitching Goals - an Update

My October Stitching Goals were as follows:

  • Complete Solo the Cat on KiwiJo's Fabric for the Stitching Blogger's Round Robin ready for the mailing date of the end of the month. (I've nearly done with this, just a few missed stitches and the backstitching to go. One stitching session max.)

I completed Solo on 5th October.

  • Start beading the Mermaid Queen. I bought a crafter's box from Lakeland in Truro on Saturday, it has about 9 lockable compartments, the perfect thing to organise those pesky and fiddly beads.

I've started doing this, I think I'm about a third of the way there. I don't like the way the Crystal Treasures are going on though, even though I'm stitching on 32count instead of the recommended 28 they still don't cover the holes in the pattern very well.

  • Complete the Cat Scissor Fob. (Again)

Didn't touch this one at all.

  • Do more work on Carnivorous Cat. On my last stitching session I discovered I'd made a boo boo and one side of the cat doesn't match up with the other. So I'm unpicking as I go now, probably a good reason why I've not stitched on it for weeks.

Or this one.

  • Stitch the Dragon's head on Above the Clouds. This is tending to be my focus piece at the moment, - I stitched soley on it this past weekend. Mainly because it's my current purse project and I wasn't at home for much of the time this past weekend.

I'm enjoying stitching on this, the blends are looking really good, just very time consuming sorting out all the colours every time. Must get around to untangling the mess that the colour card is becomming before it gets any worse.

  • Await the arrival of the next Cattitudes RR material. (I'm not sure who's sending to me this round - I need to check the board, but Ellene has already posted that she's received Nicole's fabric that I sent her so at last things are finally starting to move again.)

This still hasn't turned up......?

November Stitching Goals

  • Complete Beading on the Mermaid Queen
  • Start working on the Miralibila 2000 Holiday Cherub. Karen and I agreed to do this as a stitch-a-long last year when we ended up both stitching on the Mirabilia Angel Cherub at the same time last year.
  • Do more work on "Above the Clouds". He's not a priority, but at the moment I seem to be spending most of my stitching time working on him.
  • That Darn Cat Scissor Fob
  • Carnivorous Cat - I really must work on this as it is intended as a present for my l/lady.
  • Find out what is happening with the Cattitudes RR.
  • And finally, dig out a WIP that my Aunt Started of a Skating Father Christmas to get in the mood for the forthcoming season. She'd nearly finished him, I think it's only his face and beard to go so shouldn't take long.

No comments: