Thursday, November 17, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week: Frogging Mistakes?

How do you feel about staying totally true to a pattern? Do you feel that you have to rip out stitches to fix a mistake or do you feel it's acceptable to incorporate a mistake into the design?

The answer to that is how much work is going to be involved to frog the Mistake?

If I know I've made an error I generally go back and take it out maybe undoing a few hours stitching in the process, but if I don't notice the error until much later than that I will try to adapt around it.

I actually get a secret thrill about stitching a piece and knowing that I've done it stitch perfect and not made a mistake at all. But once I know there's an error there anyway I have less incentive to go back and fix another one, I tend to sort of leave it. I can remember pieces that I've balls up early on, didn't fix, and then got very creative when it came to finishing them off!

No comments: