Thursday, July 07, 2005

Stitching Blogger's Question of the Week: Neater Stitching?

Do you think that you stitch neater on Evenweave than you do on Aida cloth? If so, why?

I much prefer Evenweave to plain boring old Aida. I stitched for the first time on Evenweave during a Christmas Round Robin, I was a little daunted at first, but then took to it like a duck to water.

Overall I think my stitching quality doesn't vary that much between Aida and Evenweave, except where fractionals and other speciality stitches are involved. I hate having to "spear" the centre of the square to try and force a fractional stitch through on aida. Somehow it never quite works out dead center. Now if a project has any fractional stitches - even if it's a kit with aida pre-supplied I will always switch to evenweave out of choice.

No comments: