Monday, July 11, 2005

41°!

What a scorcher this weekend has been.

Saturday I spent sitting on the beach stitching the Mermaid Queen. This was a lovely hot day and despite my Lanzarote tan, I still got a little red on my back. As I stitched I pondered whether particular bits of stitching call to be stitched in certain places. Food samplers in the Kitchen, floral displays in the garden. Paradise Island on holiday ;-) The Mermaid Queen certainly deserves to be stitched on the beach, you can just imagine her swishing her way out of the blue Cornish waters towards you on the beach.

Sunday it was even hotter.... and I confess I caved in and sat outside eating my Sunday Lunch under a sun umbrella. I could feel the heat even through the shade. I wandered around Penzance and eventually went into the park for a bit of a doze. Came home and carried on my doze all evening and night long. I slept for over 12 hours!! - the heat sure takes it out of you. I was a little worried about Jade in the evening, I thought he was having problems breathing, but I think he was just panting like a dog to stay cool. Silly bugger was laying on the windowsill in the light of the setting sun though.

I also went to see Madagascar on Sunday morning. The Penzance cinema going population obviously hasn't heard of preview showings, because I was the only one in the cinema apart from another couple who arrived late. Madagascar was good, not as good as Shrek, but a fun film to watch anyway. The penguins made me laugh hijacking the boat. As if!!!

Today it was back to work with the hottest temperatures of all. Everytime I got up out of my seat today my skirt was stuck to my butt with sweat! Gross right? This evening, 7:30 and you'd think it would be cooling down right? I've just checked my inside/outside thermometer: 29° in here and an amazing 41° outside still in the shade.

I just put a bottle of cider in the freezer to cool it down. Will it explode?

1 comment:

nela said...

jajjajaj I ask myself that haria you if lived in my city, where that is the temperature all the year, but turns out to be the city but fria of the world, because in all sides there is conditioned air, and Madagascar is as good as sherk and the hunting sharks