Friday, July 15, 2005

Chef!

Received my Lavender Diamonds Reflections fabric from Silkweaver this morning to start stitching the Stitching Bloggers RR. I'll probably start this on Saturday. I don't have any plans during the day on Saturday, but in the evening I'm playing "Chef", by helping out in my boss's restaurant because they are short-staffed.

I went in there last night as well to be shown the ropes while they were quiet during the week. It was fun actually. Nearly sliced my thumb open chopping up the carrots, (didn't draw blood, fortunately lol), burnt some garlic bread and actually enjoyed cleaning down the kitchen and mopping the floor. I was revelling in domestic bliss! lol

I'm actually looking forward to Saturday night. It will be busier so it should be more interesting. Who'd have thought that working for my Twat of a Boss would give me this opportunity to try out one of my ambitions?

I like the idea of playing at "chef" because I wanted to have a go at this after watching Jamie Oliver's "Fifteen" on Channel 4. I really wish that I'd been given that kind of opportunity when I was younger, but when I was in my teens and early twenties, I couldn't cook at all! It was only when I had my own kitchen that I had the freedom to make a mess without being moaned at by my Mother that I actually started to enjoy cooking, and learned to experiment and actually became not a bad cook in my own right.

By the end of 8 years living living with Sean, I was a far better cook than him - the memory of his plastic roast potatoes still haunts me to this day - while I learned the knack of getting them perfect every time.

Other stash I acquired this week was a small package from Dawn, my Stitching and Stash Buddy! I sent Dawn a chart of the new Mirabilia Mermaid last month and this month she reciprocated by sending me a kit of the new Anchor cat "Solo" [pictured left] which I fell in love with when he was in Cross Stitcher a few months ago, some Silkweaver Reflections Material (which I also love, and I don't seem to stitch on anything else at the moment!) and a couple of Ozark Sampler threads.

Thanks Dawn

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You never mentioned it was Sean who taught you the first basic of cooking, and he also admitted that you had more of a flair for cooking than him.